Friday, January 11, 2008
Inconceivable...
So the kids have been reenacting The Princess Bride. They love to pretend to be Wesley and Buttercup. I know what you are envisioning, Ella would make such a beautiful Buttercup and Ford a charming Farm Boy--I would agree. Its been fun to watch them act out the entire movie but the best part is Ella insists on always playing the part of Wesley, and Ford by default is everyone else. He makes for a beautiful Buttercup, very strong Fezzik, clever Vacinii, and funny Miracle Max, oh and don't forget the albino. Its quite fun, Ella gives Ford his lines and is very much in control of this pretend play. Ella wears her pirate bandanna and my big black boots to achieve the look of the Dreaded Capt. Roberts. Anyways, maybe one of these days I'll catch it on film...And maybe Ella will one day decide to be Buttercup for now, Ford will be my Buttercup, and Ella my Sweet Wesley (as she calls him).